TransCore Encompass 4 Reader
TransCore's Encompass® 4 is a family of fully integrated, self-contained 915 MHz wireless radio frequency identification (RFID) readers that are specifically targeted at high performance applications in parking, security access, electronic vehicle registration (EVR) and traffic management.
Click here for pdf file information download.
Additional Product Information
Each Encompass 4 reader includes a radio frequency (RF) module, digital signal processor (DSP), power supply, antenna (unless external antenna option is selected), input/output interfaces, and RS–232 or RS–422 serial communications interface.
The Encompass 4 family includes models capable of reading any two of the following standard protocols:
• Super eGo
• eGo (ISO 18000 6B)
• American Trucking Associations (ATA)
• Association of American Railroads (AAR)
• Interagency Group (IAG)
Additionally, for compatibility with existing security systems, Encompass 4 can read half-frame and full-frame ATA tags and Wiegand formatted tags and identification cards.
All Encompass 4 readers provide unparalleled flexibility by offering a real-time clock; expanded tag read buffering; programmable RF power; 250 KHz programmable frequency steps; system integrity checking; and programmable group select. Encompass 4 readers are quickly and easily installed, tested, and maintained by TransCore trained, authorized personnel. The Encompass 4’s command set is compatible with TransCore’s SmartPass® and Encompass 2 readers.
• Ideal for parking, security access, electronic vehicle registration, and traffic management
• Fixed mount, integrated package with waterproof enclosure
• Reads Super eGo® (SeGo), eGo, ATA/AAR, and/or IAG tags
• 915 MHz RF band operation in North America
• Half-frame, full-frame (ATA), and Wiegand capability
• Internal and external antenna models
• Real-time clock
• Tag read buffering
• Programmable RF output power
• Quick, simple installation