TransCore AT5406 Access Control Tag
The AT5406 Access Control Tag is a half frame, battery-powered radio frequency (RF) tag used in automatic vehicle identification applications with TransCore Amtech-brand and TransCore Encompass multiprotocol reader systems.
Click here for pdf file information download.
Additional Product Information
This dual-frequency tag is designed for interior mounting on a nonmetallized windshield.
The AT5406 Access Control Tag is factory-programmed, as specified by the customer, and stores up to 10 six-bit alphanumeric characters of customer data (60 bits of ATA tag memory). The AT5406 Access Control Tag, in conjunction with TransCore Encompass readers, enables advanced security techniques that ensure a tag’s authenticity while preventing data corruption and/or alteration. In addition, tag cloning, spoofing, copying, or duplicating is prevented. The
AT5406 Access Control Tag supports factory programming of fixed data fields that are locked at the factory and cannot be reprogrammed. Agency-programmed fixed data fields optionally can be locked by the agency after programming using password-protected programming equipment.
A small lithium battery cell energizes the AT5406 Access Control Tag. The battery is compliant with U.S. DOT 49 CFR § 173.185(c) regulations for unrestricted shipment. Consult local agencies for regulations if the tag is to be shipped outside the United States. With continuous use, the average tag life is eight years. The number of tag reads and external RF fields do not affect battery life.
• Supports Super eGo® (SeGo), eGo, and ATA protocols
• Dual-frequency (915 and 2450 MHz)
• 2048-bit read/write memory
• Read/write capability in SeGo mode
• Compatible with multiple Amtech®-brand readers and TransCore® Encompass® multiprotocol readers
• Data encryption and authentication
• Non-replaceable internal battery with an 8-year design life, based on typical usage
• Impact resistant, molded plastic case
• Wiegand programming available
• Interior mounting on nonmetallized windshield